
So Italy, we finally meet. I have my priorities straight in the sense that I bolted to the shops and stimulated the economy with shoe purchases that of course I had to get a dress to go with, and of course had to get a matching purse. My favorite moment of all times was sitting on the spanish steps eating gelato like Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. I'm in Rome...what ruins and colosseum? ;)
I could honestly say that I don't even recognize this girl staring back in the mirror. Correction let me rephrase: I do not recognize this woman that my reflection seems to be convinced I portray.
I believe the word "change" has been undoubtedly the biggest impact on my life the past months. You have to be the change you want to be, and well... I see a huge blurry so-called future just dangling in front of me waiting to be grasped.
I'm being selfish. which, I believe that in life, everyone deserves their time to be. All my life I have wrapped my every decision around everyone around me. My parents always had a say so on what direction i should take my life, my friends always had an opinion on where I should go, and my teachers always had criticism on my work. Well ladies and gentlemen...what about my opinions, say so's, and criticisms?
Graduation is in exactly 37 days. yes...a little over a month. This will be a monumental moment in my life. I feel the pressures of decisions creeping up ready to attack. where do I want to go? what do I want to do? who do I want to be?
Is "I don't know" a satisfying enough answer?
I want to see the world, I want to do what makes me happy and I want to be someone that makes an impact on the world. Of course this is all too vague to create a proper itinerary of my future plans.
I feel far too much pressure coming from all directions and even my current being in Italy isn't a big enough escape. Can I just runaway and someone else just do all the hard planning and applications for me?
I just want to be happy, is there an application for that?
I guess I'm just wasting time pondering the unlimited possibilities for myself and my future. This whirlwind of decisions feels like a massive weight on my shoulders, I tried to check it at baggage when I left for Italy but it seems to be a carry on item...as in my problems follow me wherever I go and carry on to linger with the necessity to be dealt with.
One day at a time was my approach...but now the day of decision is approaching.
so whats it going to be Heather? What is going to make YOU happy?
No comments:
Post a Comment